The Cloud

Adobe Illustrator and One Drive

Adobe Illustrator- This system works the same with or with the cloud. However, there would be some difficulties, all fonts and plugins would have to be manually installed on every computer that you used them on rather than just being linked to your account. You can access your projects in real time anywhere as well as have your fonts and plugins readily available. You do not need to carry an external hard drive with you. This is good if you are especially forgetful like me. No security or privacy concerns because it does not contain any personal information. So, for personal use this is not a security risk. Businesses could be concerned that their proprietary designs could be leaked or accessed if ever had a security breach meaning that the data stolen would be available to whoever stole that data.

One Drive- this application is purely cloud based so there would be no service without the cloud. I can access schoolwork from any device that I sign into using my school credentials. I can also access from anywhere without having to worry about not being able to complete work. Since this application is fully cloud based you do not have to take up any additional storage on your personal device. When an application is fully cloud based there are always areas of privacy and security concerns. When working on a school server as well this can cause some weariness because any information that I might take into my one drive can be seen by anyone in the IT department of the school. If I ever accidentally downloaded malware to my one drive, I would lose a lot of valuable data, and this would cause problems in the future. I also lose that one drive account when I am done with school which can be a problem if I have important projects there and forget to take them out of there.