What is U.COTC.EDU?
U.COTC is the college’s easy-to-use professional website platform. Share your work and explore sites from throughout COTC. “U” because it’s about the work you do at this college.
What is it?
U.COTC provides web space to support professional and educational activities at COTC. Students, faculty and staff use U.COTC.EDU to share independent work, host course assignments, enhance project visibility, communicate within groups, and represent organizations.
What’s under the hood?
For those who want the technical details, the service is a multi-site WordPress installation hosted by EduBlogs. It provides a flexible and easily accessible platform for individuals to post about their work. Sites can contain both static pages and chronologic blog posts.
How can I use it?
U.COTC is designed to support professional sites for groups and individuals affiliated with COTC. What does that mean? Here are some examples:
- A professional profile that highlights scholarly, pedagogical, and service activities, with pages for a biographical statement, curriculum vitae, teaching overview and course listing, research statement and more.
- A portfolio of projects, both in process and completed, that can be used to demonstrate skills and experiences. Regular posts can share progress on ongoing projects in the field or in the classroom.
- A forum to enable sharing amongst community members who might otherwise be separated geographically or by discipline.
- A site to host and share resources, notes, and collections of digital materials.
- A site created for use in a class or as a group project (assuming the site is ultimately owned and managed by one individual).
Follow our footsteps or think up something new. The next step is yours!
Where do I go for help?
IT Support Founders Hall Room 196
1179 University Drive | Newark, Ohio 43055
(740) 366-9244 (Office) | (740) 364-9586 (Fax) | firstname.lastname@example.org