The Cloud

Apple’s iCloud
I have been using Apple products for many years now and the iCloud has been a very helpful network to use. You’re able to upload and store data to the cloud and use it as an online storage unit for your devices. iCloud stores things like apps, photos, documents, etc. from apple products and can be easily accessed through a web browser. It’s nice to have when you want to free up space on your IOS device but don’t want to permanently delete something. I have mainly used iCloud when I get a new iPhone and want to transfer data from my old phone over to my new phone. iCloud makes this process super easy and doesn’t take a ton of time. Another way that iCloud is beneficial is if your IOS device gets lost or stolen, iCloud allows you to recover all your information without losing anything (as long as you have your device backed up). Apple products definitely benefit from having iCloud. Without it, they would still have great products, but iCloud is an essential network for them to have. I don’t have any concerns when it comes to using the iCloud. My whole family and most of my friends also use it and we have never had any issues.

Google Cloud
I started using Google applications in middle school and have been ever since. The Google Cloud, or Google Drive, keeps all your documents in one place and allows you to send these documents to other users. Something that’s super nice about the Google applications is that it saves your documents for you. So, you don’t need to save when closing out of a document because Google does it for you. Google drive holds all of our documents together from all the different programs including docs, slides, sheets, etc. so you can find everything you need in one place. You’re also able to easily share your documents with other people. After sharing, the recipient can find the document located in their Google Drive. Just like Apple, the Google applications would be able to work without having Google Drive, but it would be more complicated. There wouldn’t be one place that stores all your work and sharing documents with others might not be possible without Google Drive. The Google Workspace has never given me any issues or anything to be concerned about. It’s always reliable because I’ve never had to worry about my work being lost.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3215269/how-apple-icloud-works-and-what-to-do-when-it-doesn-t.html#:~:text=You%20can%20upload%2C%20share%20and,computer%20with%20a%20web%20browser.&text=Each%20iCloud%20account%20gets%205GB,well%20as%20iOS%20device%20backups.