Student services are open for business remotely. Staff members in all departments are ready to assist students via email or phone during regular business hours, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
Department of Public Safety
The Department of Public Safety is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact by phone: 740-366-9237
Admissions, Academic Advising and Student Records
Students may contact their advisor directly, or use the main contact methods below.
Contact by phone:
- Newark campus: 740-366-9222
- Coshocton campus: 740-622-1408
- Knox campus: 740-392-2526
- Pataskala campus: 740-755-7090
Contact by email:
- Advising: email@example.com
- Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College Credit Plus: email@example.com
- Student Records: firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Labs, Wi-FI and IT Support
Students will have limited access to the following computer labs:
- Newark campus: John Gilbert Reese Center room 206 (Please call Public Safety for access: 740-366-9237)
- Coshocton campus: Montgomery Hall room 265 (PC lab) and room 345 (Mac lab)
- Knox campus: Ariel Hall room 10
- Pataskala campus: Room 100
Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Wi-Fi access: Access to the campus Wi-Fi is available in the Adena Hall parking lot on the Newark campus. Connect to eduroam and enter your COTC student credentials to log in.
Contact IT Support: 740-366-9244
Center for Student Success
Visit cotc.edu/success for information about
- Communications Resource Center
- Learning Specialist
- Math Learning Center
- Testing Center
- Tutoring Services
Office of Student Life
Contact by phone for appointments and questions: 740-364-9578
Visit cotc.edu/life for direct contact instructions for each office:
- Career Development
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- Multicultural Affairs
- Student Conduct
- Student Involvement & Organizations
- Title IX
- Veteran Services
Office of Financial Aid
Contact by phone: 740-366-9435
Contact by email: email@example.com
- Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Office of Fees and Deposits
Contact by phone: 740.366.9232
Contact by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
John L. and Christine Warner Library
Contact by phone: 740-366-9307
- Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Contact by chat: go.cotc.edu/libchat
- Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. (new hours for summer semester)
The Campus Corner food pantry is closed effective March 20 at 5 p.m. until further notice. If you need assistance, please contact the Food Pantry Network of Licking County at 740-344-7401 to identify the resources closest to you.
Barnes & Noble Bookstore
Use the “Contact Us” button on the bookstore’s website.
All textbooks and supplies must be ordered online at cotc.edu/bookstore and will be shipped to your residence. The bookstore is offering free shipping on all orders. To allow time for processing and shipping, you are encouraged to order books early to ensure you receive them prior to the first day of class.
Online Learning Toolset
OpenLMS/Moodle(link is external) is COTC's learning management system. Your online classes in OpenLMS/Moodle will serve as a hub for all the course content and activities. View the Student LMS Guide (Login Required) for help using OpenLMS/Moodle. Contact the ITS Helpdesk(link is external) for additional support.
Office 365 ProPlus – Download and Installation of Microsoft Office 2016 Software for Current Students
Each currently enrolled student may also download and install up to five free, concurrent copies of Microsoft Office 2016 for personal desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets and mobile devices. This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Outlook Email, Skype for Business and OneDrive for Business. Once a user is no longer a student at COTC the free license to use the Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus software ends, and students will have to purchase a software license from Microsoft or a retailer for continued use.
Login with COTC Network Credentials
User access is authenticated using the same username and password used to login to the COTC computer network and myCOTC portal. Office 365 COTCMail is accessible through the myCOTC portal main page.
Adobe is now offering its Creative Cloud Service) to students at no cost until the end of May. Users can visit https://creativecloud.adobe.com) and sign in to download and install apps. Adobe Creative Cloud is a suite of integrated tools that include Spark, Photoshop, and Acrobat, just to name a few. Adobe has extensive resources that you can visit online to learn more about Adobe Creative Cloud) and see the full list of available applications.
To log in:
- Go to http://creativecloud.adobe.com)
- Enter "@cotcmail.cotc.edu" where it asks for your email address (do NOT include your name.n)
- On the Microsoft login page, enter your email@example.com email address under "Email address or domain name" and press "Next"
- On the COTC & OSU Newark Log-in page log in with your COTC/OSU Newark Username and Password.
- On the Microsoft "Stay signed in?" page you can select yes if you are using your private computer
- Once you've logged in you should now have full access to the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications. If instead it appears the products are only available as a trial license, then you did not log in with your enterprise ID. During the log in process if it never takes you to the "myCOTC/myNewark" login page, then you are not using your COTC ID. Please log out of Adobe CC site. Start a new browser window in incognito/private mode and try again.
For more information on logging in, visit this knowledge base article for instructions.
If you have general questions about the specifics of Adobe use, visit the Adobe FAQ page.
COTC will continue with plans to offer limited computer and Wi-Fi access for students at each of our campuses. All CDC guidelines regarding social distancing will be imposed at these settings, with additional, regular cleanings scheduled and sanitizing supplies available for student use. COTC will monitor these spaces and re-evaluate this decision on an ongoing basis.
Limited Access Student-Use Computers
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; IT support: 740.366.9244
- Newark: John Gilbert Reese Center, room 206 (call Public Safety for access – 740.366.9237)
- Coshocton: room 265 (PC lab), room 345 (Mac lab)
- Knox: room 10 (PC lab)
- Pataskala: room 100
Please review our student resources web page for guidance on how to remotely access all student services.