Student services are open for business remotely. Staff members in all departments are ready to assist students via email or phone during regular business hours, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
Department of Public Safety
The Department of Public Safety is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact by phone: 740-366-9237
Admissions, Academic Advising and Student Records
Students may contact their advisor directly, or use the main contact methods below.
Contact by phone:
- Newark campus: 740-366-9222
- Coshocton campus: 740-622-1408
- Knox campus: 740-392-2526
- Pataskala campus: 740-755-7090
Contact by email:
- Advising: email@example.com
- Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College Credit Plus: email@example.com
- Student Records: firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Labs, Wi-FI and IT Support
Students have access to the following computer labs:
- Newark campus: John Gilbert Reese Center room 206 and Founders Hall 180
- Coshocton campus: Montgomery Hall room 265 (PC lab) and room 345 (Mac lab)
- Knox campus: Ariel Hall room 10
- Pataskala campus: The computer lab has moved to the Pataskala campus annex at 621 W. Broad St., Pataskala, room 2F
Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Wi-Fi access: Access to the campus Wi-Fi is available in the Adena Hall parking lot on the Newark campus. Connect to eduroam and enter your COTC student credentials to log in.
Contact the IT Service Desk for Assistance
In an effort to support the health and safety of faculty, staff, and students, drop-in support is currently unavailable. We encourage you to reach out for remote assistance via phone (740.366.9244), email or Self Service. In person support can be requested Monday through Friday from 8 am. to 5 p.m. by going to Founders Hall Room 175 and calling 740-366-9244 with your cell phone or the phone located in the room. An on-site technician will be dispatched for assistance following physical distancing recommendations.
Adena Recreation Center
Beginning on August 19, 2020, the Adena Hall Recreation Center will open for use with full regular hours, including Saturdays, to coincide with residence hall move in. In addition to all available federal, state, local and university guidelines, the Office of Student Life will also follow the guidance of national sports governing bodies to ensure that physical distancing practices and other safety protocols are in place for any recreational sports activities.
August 19 and 20: Dining services will open in the Warner Center, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (limited menu).
August 21: Open 8 a.m.-7 p.m. (limited menu) so food service will be available to students moving into the residence halls.
The Table of Contents (TOC) and the Bean Counter will open on August 24, with the following hours of operation:
- Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, noon-6 p.m.
All TOC orders will be conducted through Grubhub during autumn semester. Read more about those changes and about installing the Grubhub app for ordering at the TOC here. Snacks that are offered at the Reese Center Cyber Café can be ordered on the Grubhub app and picked up at the TOC.
Center for Student Success
Visit cotc.edu/success for information about
- Communications Resource Center
- Learning Specialist
- Math Learning Center
- Testing Center
- Tutoring Services
Office of Student Life
Contact by phone for appointments and questions: 740-364-9578
Visit cotc.edu/life for direct contact instructions for each office:
- Career Development
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- Multicultural Affairs
- Student Conduct
- Student Involvement & Organizations
- Title IX
- Veteran Services
Student Financial Services
(Formerly the Offices of Financial Aid and Fees and Deposits)
Student Financial Services will be open for limited in-person customer service beginning Monday, August 24. Please continue to reach out to us by phone and email as much as possible and continue the submission of forms and documents online.
Contact by phone: 740-366-9435
Contact by email: NWKemail@example.com
- Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Monday: Phone line will be open until 6 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Student Financial Services will no longer accept cash payments for any business transaction. Students may continue to make tuition and auxiliary payments online. A payment drop box for individuals who wish to make payments by check is available. Only checks, not cash, will be accepted in the box. Students wishing to add money to their student ID cards will do so through buckid.osu.edu.
The fees and deposits desk/gate is permanently closed, and all financial business will be conducted at the former Office of Financial Aid. Phone calls and emails to previously used phone numbers and email address will be forwarded to the new phone number and email address.
John L. and Christine Warner Library
- Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Contact by phone: 740-366-9307
Visit us online: library.cotc.edu
Chat with a Librarian: go.cotc.edu/libchat
- Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
To schedule a research appointment on Zoom, visit go.cotc.edu/libraryzoom.
Visitors are asked to maintain a safe, physical distance of six feet apart. We have spaced out seating in our common areas to help make this possible. Study rooms will be limited to one person per room. Eating and drinking are not permitted in the library.
The book stacks will remain closed to the public. Requests for materials will be made online at library.cotc.edu and picked up at the circulation desk within the library. Returned materials will be quarantined for five days and will remain on your account until quarantine is complete and they have been checked in. Due to quarantine, OhioLINK and Interlibrary Loan requests will be delayed. Requests for new materials will take longer than normal to process.
Campus Corner: Student Food Pantry will reopen on August 17. Campus Corner has a new location and a new online ordering process for autumn semester. Students will not be permitted to walk in to the Campus Corner at any time to pick up food. A student ID is required to utilize Campus Corner.
Order online for contact-free pickup by submitting the Campus Corner: Student Food Pantry order form.
John L. and Christine Warner Center
Room 205, Suite C
Mondays 4-6 p.m.
Tuesdays 1-3 p.m.
For full details, visit Campus Corner: Student Food Pantry.
Barnes & Noble Bookstore
The bookstore is currently open but operating with significantly reduced capacity due to physical distancing requirements. Protective shields have been installed at the registers, staff and customers are required to wear face masks, a hand-sanitizing station is available, and customers will follow a single-line flow pattern with social distance markers. Maximum capacity will be limited to 20-25 students in the store at a time, and a full-time employee will be stationed at the door during the weeks of August 17 through September 4 to monitor capacity.
We highly recommend that you do not wait until after classes start to begin sourcing your required material for autumn semester. All required material is posted on the bookstore website.
- Orders can be placed online and shipped to home rather than for in-store pick up. Any order over $50.00 will receive free shipping and one-day transit time in Ohio.
For COTC students using financial aid, orders will begin processing when aid funding is released on August 15.
- If you are requesting the bookstore to ship, please make sure you have completed your AUTHORIZATION FOR SHIPPING with SFA (found MYCOTC\Students\Bookstore Charging).
- To avoid multiple contacts, the textbook aisles are closed. Self-service of textbooks and scrubs is not available.
- Students will not be allowed to try on apparel in the store. Full refunds will be available if a wrong size is purchased.
Through August 16
Monday and Tuesday: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
August 17 through 28
Monday and Tuesday: 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
August 31 and beyond
Monday and Tuesday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Online Learning Toolset
OpenLMS/Moodle(link is external) is COTC's learning management system. Your online classes in OpenLMS/Moodle will serve as a hub for all the course content and activities. View the Student LMS Guide (Login Required) for help using OpenLMS/Moodle. Contact the ITS Helpdesk(link is external) for additional support.
Office 365 ProPlus – Download and Installation of Microsoft Office 2016 Software for Current Students
Each currently enrolled student may also download and install up to five free, concurrent copies of Microsoft Office 2016 for personal desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets and mobile devices. This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Outlook Email, Skype for Business and OneDrive for Business. Once a user is no longer a student at COTC the free license to use the Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus software ends, and students will have to purchase a software license from Microsoft or a retailer for continued use.
Login with COTC Network Credentials
User access is authenticated using the same username and password used to login to the COTC computer network and myCOTC portal. Office 365 COTCMail is accessible through the myCOTC portal main page.
Adobe is now offering its Creative Cloud Service) to students at no cost until the end of May. Users can visit https://creativecloud.adobe.com) and sign in to download and install apps. Adobe Creative Cloud is a suite of integrated tools that include Spark, Photoshop, and Acrobat, just to name a few. Adobe has extensive resources that you can visit online to learn more about Adobe Creative Cloud) and see the full list of available applications.
To log in:
- Go to http://creativecloud.adobe.com)
- Enter "@cotcmail.cotc.edu" where it asks for your email address (do NOT include your name.n)
- On the Microsoft login page, enter your firstname.lastname@example.org email address under "Email address or domain name" and press "Next"
- On the COTC & OSU Newark Log-in page log in with your COTC/OSU Newark Username and Password.
- On the Microsoft "Stay signed in?" page you can select yes if you are using your private computer
- Once you've logged in you should now have full access to the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications. If instead it appears the products are only available as a trial license, then you did not log in with your enterprise ID. During the log in process if it never takes you to the "myCOTC/myNewark" login page, then you are not using your COTC ID. Please log out of Adobe CC site. Start a new browser window in incognito/private mode and try again.
For more information on logging in, visit this knowledge base article for instructions.
If you have general questions about the specifics of Adobe use, visit the Adobe FAQ page.
COTC will continue with plans to offer limited computer and Wi-Fi access for students at each of our campuses. All CDC guidelines regarding social distancing will be imposed at these settings, with additional, regular cleanings scheduled and sanitizing supplies available for student use. COTC will monitor these spaces and re-evaluate this decision on an ongoing basis.
Limited Access Student-Use Computers
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; IT support: 740.366.9244
- Newark: John Gilbert Reese Center, room 206 (call Public Safety for access – 740.366.9237)
- Coshocton: room 265 (PC lab), room 345 (Mac lab)
- Knox: room 10 (PC lab)
- Pataskala: room 100
Please review our student resources web page for guidance on how to remotely access all student services.