Resource Reliability

For my first resource I chose to find a source on YouTube for how to convert a color image into black and white in photoshop. The video I chose is relatively recent, and was posted about a year and a half ago. Considering this is software, it could be slightly outdated, but in this instance it is okay. The video was posted by a channel called “PHLEARN”, which I found out hosts their own photo editing website. The site seems to contain good lessons and information, and could be considered a good teacher but maybe not quite an authority. I would imagine in this instance the video and its information had to go through a gatekeeping process. There was most likely an editor and a script writer, and somebody to approve all of this, seeing as the information has to meet the standards of the normal lessons that are on their website and YouTube channel. The information is easy to follow, being able to see both the instructor and their screen at the same time. They take you through the process step by step both explaining what to do and showing you how to access these tools. I typically prefer to watch YouTube videos if I need a tutorial on something software related, so I would be very likely to use this source again. 

For my next source I chose to find an article explaining how to retouch and correct images within Photoshop. The article I found does not have a post or edit date, but is actually a resource on the Adobe website, so it is up to date. Adobe would be considered an authority on the matter seeing as this is explaining their own software to users. There would be a longer gatekeeping process, having to be written by somebody who understands the software, going through multiple editors and checks before being posted. The information is well written with step by step explanations and images to accompany them.While I prefer to watch videos typically when learning software, I would use this resource again because it was easy to follow and very informative. 

For my last resource, I decided to go to YouTube again to learn how to use the blur tool in Photoshop. The tutorial was posted in 2016, so it is somewhat outdated. The information is good however, but issues may arrive if any of these tools have been altered at all in the last few years. The poster is not considered an authority in my opinion, seeing as it is just a single YouTuber posting tutorials, but he does have a large following leading to believe that his information is good at least. The video would not need to go through checks, seeing as he is recording and editing the video himself and posting them to his own channel. The information is well presented and easy to follow with him showing examples of how the different tools work and how to use them. I would use this source again, but I would be cautious seeing as it is outdated. 

Resources:

Black and white conversion in Photoshop : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lykFo-R-0_o

How to retouch photos in Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/retouching-correcting.html

How to use blur tool in Photoshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpU5vg2fvOM